Platteville/Assigned Operating Area
Lease operator for field production operations. Position will report to the corresponding Production Foreman for operating area.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities
- Perform basic to intermediate level pumping skills which include but not limited to: tank gauging, the proper operation of heater/treaters and 3 phase separators, and all attendant valve and oil seals and seal records. Ability to repair equipment as needed.
- Operate properties to ensure all regulatory, environmental and safety compliance issues and goals are met.
- Daily production reporting and scheduling of oil and produced water movement.
- Seek ways to reduce direct lease operating expenses by noting problems and/or recommending courses of actions to supervisor.
- Work with automation systems, SAM’s pump off controllers, well control and liquid level monitors.
- Operate wells and artificial lift methods to optimize production.
- Work on all types of production equipment, pump valves, treater dump valves, gas regulators, etc.
- Monitor chemical and lubricating oil usage at wells.
- Various other field related activities as required by supervisor.
- Operate a vehicle safely in all weather conditions.
- Proven ability to multi-task and meet stringent deadlines
- Knowledge/experience in production and artificial lift operations.
- Experience with operation of SAM pump off controllers and data gathering equipment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic computer skills (familiarity with Microsoft Excel) and simple mathematical calculations.
- Must organize and plan daily work schedule. Must be willing to work rotating shifts, weekends, and holidays.
- Safety sensitive position subject to random drug and alcohol screening.
- Valid driver’s license and clean record
- Ability to stand, stoop, walk, climb tank stairs, carry instruments weighing up to 80 pounds
- Regular bending, lifting up to (50 pounds) without assistance crouching, pulling and kneeling to check equipment and gauges and perform repairs
- Ability to one arm carry up to (25 pounds) without assistance
- Ability to climb ladders
- Ability to work overhead for long to short periods of time
- Ability to work significant amount of time as required in completing job responsibilities
- Ability to work weekend rotations
- Daily driving of approximately 90 miles or more as required completing assigned jobs and/or repairs.
- Exposure to and driving in all weather conditions, including extreme heat, extreme cold, sun, rain, hail, sleet, high winds, etc. to run well routes and inspect and repair equipment
- Working environment includes exposure to extremely loud noises in field, hazardous chemicals, and hydrocarbons that may be under extreme pressure for which appropriate safety measures are required. Also includes working with moving machinery/equipment parts for which extreme caution must be taken
- Extended climbing; the ability to perform fine manipulation with hands
To apply, please send a completed resume to HR@srcenergy.com. And thank you for your interest in being part of our team.