Functions as a field environmental specialist supporting the execution and management of the Company’s health and environmental programs. The position has responsibility over all of SRC Energy operations and influences SRC personnel and contractors. The position is expected to have a basic understanding of air, water, soil, wildlife, and waste regulatory concepts to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local environmental rules and laws. Other duties include regulatory agency interfacing and reporting for SRC. This position is responsible for supporting site environmental compliance processes and actively engages with the, drilling, completions, and production operations teams in that effort. This position will be located in the SRC Energy field office, Greeley, Colorado.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities
The focus of this position is on supporting all facets of oil and gas environmental management and regulatory compliance. The position will be expected to spend a significant portion of its time in the field. The job duties include providing on the ground field and office support in the following areas:
- Assist SRC and HSE Department with accomplishing tasks related to environmental permitting, reporting, routine inspections, projects, emergency response, and participating in environmental recordkeeping.
- Manages Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasures (SPCC) inspection program including implementation of new plans, performing site inspections and conducting periodic training. Provide oversight and management of field response and remediation efforts involving spills and ensure notifications for environmental incidents/releases are made per regulation.
- Provide oversight of field environmental investigations, including soil and groundwater investigations and remediation projects, with documentation and report writing as needed.
- Conduct/participate in investigations of environmental incidents and root cause analysis of environmental issues.
- Assist with air quality permitting and Greenhouse Gas (GHG) inventories including:
- Data collection
- Conducting internal auditing and inspection of company operations
- Support of company LDAR program as needed
- Lead and/or Support SRC stormwater discharge management inspection and recordkeeping program by inspecting and reporting on construction site conditions and complete inspection report documentation for compliance with stormwater permits.
- Support/Manage SRC’s SARA Title III Tier II Reporting including data collection and report submittal
- Support HSE document management.
- Interact with external regulatory agency staff and inspectors.
- Coordinate with the SRC operations and land management staff on environmental compliance issues. Participate in regular coordination meetings.
- Work with the SRC Safety staff as needed to ensure that environmental projects include consideration of safety related issues.
- Participate as part of the SRC team in Phase I and II due diligence reviews of oil and gas locations that are subject to acquisition and/or divestiture.
- Oversee contractor work to ensure services are performed according to SRC expectations.
- Develops, facilitates, and presents training on various environmental permitting/compliance related topics to company and contractor personnel.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering, Environmental Science/Management, or related science fields preferred (additional experience beyond what is required may possibly be substituted for a B.S Degree)
- Minimum of three years of progressive oil and gas industry environmental management or relevant technical experience (advanced study and/or professional license/certification can be applied toward relevant experience).
- Experience with environmental permitting, construction NPDES SWPPP program, CDPHE and COGCC regulations.
The successful candidate must:
- Have the ability to work extended hours as directed
- Be detail oriented
- Be safety minded with the utmost concern for the well-being of others
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Have knowledge of environmental regulations and means to comply effectively and economically
- Have computer skills sufficient to perform daily tasks with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook etc.
- Be a self-starter who is capable of working independently
- Be able to communicate effectively with all levels of co-workers, contractors and other external contacts
- Be able to effectively manage time and prioritize projects to meet deadlines
- Have a positive attitude and be a team player
To apply, please send a completed resume to HR@srcenergy.com. And thank you for your interest in being part of our team.