This position is responsible for the timely and accurate completion of filings and various tasks related to the Company’s corporate sales, use, property, severance, and miscellaneous tax compliance. This position will coordinate efforts with the Accounting and Finance teams.
- Tax Compliance
- Gather and prepare filings required for sales, use, severance, and ad valorem tax compliance.
- Provide timely responses to data requests related to sales, use, severance, and ad valorem tax compliance.
- Lead role in calculating required accruals for sales, use, property, and severance taxes.
- Provide thought leadership for comprehensive tax strategies across the organization to optimize taxes, enhance cash flow, and minimize risk.
- Monitor, analyze and communicate relevant tax law changes to CAO
- Work with the finance and accounting teams on process improvements for the compliance process.
- Tax Audits and Tax Notices
- Lead role in managing federal, state, and local tax audits including interaction with auditors and scheduling.
- Gather and organize information required for federal, state, and local tax audits; prepare responses to audit queries, as requested.
- Organize and provide timely replies to federal, state, and local tax notices.
- Other Tax Responsibilities
- Coordinate with service providers for preparation of outsourced Federal and State income tax returns, extensions, and provisions and the review thereof.
- Assess tax impact of transactions and identify and communicate tax opportunities and risks from contemplated and realized events.
- Perform research on various direct and indirect tax issues as needed
- Perform other duties requested by management
- Develop process improvements to design, standardize, and automate tax accounting and reporting activities.
- Required Skills/Qualifications
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting or similar field.
- 8+ years of relevant corporate tax experience in public accounting and/or corporate tax department; tax audit experience a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), with BOLO experience a plus.
- Upstream Oil & Gas tax experience required, experience with operations in Colorado preferred
- CPA and/or CMI a plus.
- Ability to analyze and interpret state tax laws and regulations.
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, problem solve, and work independently.
- Detail-oriented; excellent organizational and communication skills required.
Qualified candidates please send your resume to HR@srcenergy.com. Thank you!